Thursday, July 19, 2007

First attempt to my new health regime

6.20 PM. Went into the pool (with glasses on – first time there, I wouldn’t have had a clue where to walk, go, swim or put my towel down without my glasses!). St. Johns is the town sports centre a bit further down the road from us. I’ve always known it was there, I’d just never actually been there.

7.10 PM. Sixty lengths and 1,5 kilometre further, I came out. I did surprisingly well considering I have not worked out for 6 months. Felt incredibly alive and full of energy even though my legs were a little wobbly and my left hand went in a spastic cramp for about half an hour.

7.45 PM. Arrival at Sainsbury’s to shop for delicious salad and healthy food. Walking through the crisps isle, Sarah and I were drawn to the half a price off offer of (talking about poetry!) Sensation crisps. Decided to buy 3 bags, all different flavours, so we could spread eating them over the next 3 weeks. Naughty.

8.10 PM. Climbed back in Beast. And then it happened. The Beast died. Not even a clunk, nothing. Phoned Stu to come to the rescue – thank god for having the Vectra at home. Thought about opening up the bonnet and pretending I knew what I was doing but decided against it.

8.15 PM. Still no Stu. Sarah and I were getting increasingly hungry…

8.20 PM. One Sensation bag of crisps down.

8.21 PM. Got rid of the evidence by throwing the bag in a bin at the other end of the car park.

8.30 PM. Stu arrives and decides the battery has had it. He manages however to jump start it with cables so I could drive home. However, if I was to stall the Beast, he would die again. Tremor and fears.

9.00 PM. Finally got to eat my lovely and healthy salad but felt surprisingly full after a few bites.

3 comments:

Minneke Poes said...

Amai Lot, dan zwemt gij dus een constante van 50m in een minuut? Het record op de 50m schoolslag ligt rond de 30". Nieuw talent in wording?? ;-)

F²M said...

of was het misschien 7.10PM op 19 juli en 7.45PM op 20 juli..?
effe op een half uurke 1.5km uit uw mouw? time for tea i d say!
keep it up hoedanook!

Lotte said...

Misschien dat da zwembad 20m is ipv 25m lang?! Der had ik dus nog ni aangedacht dat ik 1500m heb gezwommen in 50 minuten... Kheb da vroeger in de Wesenberg ook gedaan en dan zat ik ook rond iets minder dan een uur. Tjein, heb ik mijn carriere gemist?! Of kan ik gewoon ni meer tellen??