Tuesday, June 05, 2007

One down - eight to go

Had my first and probably most difficult exam today, Russian business correspondence. From Dutch into Russian. Think I've done pretty well and left the exam with a general 'well done' feeling. However, am sure I don't come anywhere near her standards and probably made way too many grammar mistakes, so I'm going for a fail mark. Did tell her I've been accepted at Imperial College and will therefore never ever once again in my life open up another Russian book or newspaper in my life (although looking back at it now, I'm quite impressed with myself I can read the russian version of the BBC website!). She might just give me a mark that could be revised by the examination board so I would pass first go after all. As if. Dreeeeaam - dream dream dreeeeam...

Two exams on Thursday now, which all seem like a piece of cake after today's one. Everything is pretty much packed. Just need to take the bookcase, bed and wardrobe apart. Also need to go to the shops and buy 25 crates of Stella and 10 crates of Bollekes - partly for our party, mainly for Jamie's sister's wedding. Not quite sure how it's all going to fit in the lorry but lets not care about that until Thursday.

Managed to get Sarah a job at Wordtrans for the summer so I'm pleased she'll be staying with us for 5 weeks. Will be quite hard not to see each other every day once we've moved to England, definitely now she's going off to Russia as well for 5 months and 30 days. (she's terrified of going for half a year!). Just went to the Singsefoor, the big fair in Antwerp - always right on time when you're having exams, and had a brilliant Belgian waffle with chocolate. I wish Stu would have been there to eat the other half as I'm now severly suffering from lactose intollerance symptoms...

No comments: