Wednesday, June 06, 2007

10 things I learned when studying for my American Culture exam

  1. That the South really was retarded during the Civil War
  2. That the Boston 'Massacre' only killed 5 people - I knew they were always good at over exaggerating their point
  3. That I can never remember that the Puritans' believe was somewhere between the 'doctrine of work' and the 'covenant of grace' - now really - how do you make that stick?
  4. That Buffalo Bill killed 4280 buffalo in 17 months
  5. That Lincoln said about Harriet Beecher Stone: 'So you're the little woman who wrote the book that made this great war!' (Uncle Tom's Cabin)
  6. That I can not remember where most of the states beginning with the letter M are situated?!
  7. That the Americans actually saved the French's vineyards by shipping some of theirs, as the French ones where destroyed by a bug called Phylloxera - which mysteriously came from the American continent...
  8. That Californians have earthquake drills instead of fire drills at school
  9. That I finally know the insights of fraternities and sororities
  10. That I know the history of America now and that the idea of 'the end of the American Dream' is a very interesting topic which I will discuss with Carrie this weekend over a glass of Pimm's.

No comments: