Friday, June 01, 2007

Twenty seven it is...

Another year older. Started my day at Bram & Tessa's as she had prepared brunch for my brother and me. The joys of celebrating your birthday on the same day! Went passed the pattisery and bought a really jummy looking strawberry cake with bavarois which turned out to be delicious. Bonus. They gave me the massive wooden fruit bowl I wanted which was really nice. Mum came around in the afternoon and she and dad got me all sorts of things for the garden - I've been telling everybody for weeks how I'm going to be growing my own vegetables soon and redo the entire garden - so the gloves, rake, scoop, pot planting tools and my very own gardening hat (!) will come in handy!! Sarah and Danny got me 3 really funcky cacti, herbal seeds (I better have green fingers now...) and gardening gloves, presented in the most wonderful basket. The basket will look very 'magazine-like' when filled with logs next to my open fire (note: tell Stu I want the fire place to work).

Tried to fit studying around birthday celebrations and managed to finish off the Russian I wanted to do. Danny and Sarah cooked Bram and me a really nice meal which mum had bought the ingredients for. (mum couldn't stay for dinner) Thank you also for all the phone calls, text messages, emails and cards!! Later in the evening Evi popped by real quick to deliver some 'smoutebollen' from the fair. Think I have had enough sugar to last me till the end of the year...

Getting increasingly tired and have developed this blockage under my left shoulder which is killing me. Had to take 2 painkillers earlier and have a bath just to ease the pain. 3 more weeks to go!!

No comments: