Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miracles might just be happening after all

Had my Russian literature exam which went extremely well. I'd looked up some extra facts about the Russian revolution and communism to be able to place the poems I had to discuss in the right context. Think that did the trick. Also my enthusiastic response to one of the novels, saying I was going to order the book and read it this summer (in ENGLISH!) as it really grabbed me as being an interesting book (honestly!), got her excited.

Good news is that the mark for this course is added to the 8/20 I scored for Russian Grammar in January, and the Russian culture course, of which I'm sure I have passed. Meaning, I will have an overall pass mark. If that one lecturer of Russian Business Correspondence could only be so kind as to give me a pass mark, I might just pass first go after all!!!!!!! Miracles do happen...

Went around Mark & Didier's tonight as I probably won't see them anymore before I permanently move back next Wednesday. (You know when somebody you know gets a boyfriend or girlfriend and you refer to them as, lets say, Bram & Tessa, or, Andrew & Carrie, or, Natalie & Dirk, or, Evi & Robin, and the first name of this duo is ALWAYS the person you have known the longest - I've always found it mostly peculiar how I refer to Mark & Didier and never Didier & Mark... Perhaps I'll try and work out the theory behind this one day when all the exams are done and I have nothing else to do then to wonder why my brain deviates from the norm.) But to get back to my little visit; both were doing fine. Mark's now a fully qualified doctor, going on to do a PhD in electric-shocking brains to get rid of people's neurotic compulsory behaviour (the ones that need to wash their hands 15 times before they can go pick up the phone or water the plants) and will then go on for another 5 years of hard core brain surgery action. And oh yes, he was still up for delivering my first child!

No comments: