Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Closure

Guess what I did tonight!
In my frantic cleaning-up-the-house-cuz-we-are-moving-in-three-weeks state of mind, I've started making a pile of things I borrowed from people, and which I therefore want to return before we move back. In my pile are a variety of books, CDs, DVDs, even some exam papers (!)which I can't remember who they belong to, but they are definitely not mine! One of the DVDs was Series 10 of Friends, which I borrowed from my brother, months ago. (might even be a year now I come to think of it) I never actually got around watching the last series on TV and had a phase of watching all the episodes on DVD instead - apart from the very last episode... Somehow I 'forgot' to watch the last episode, although it might have been a mechanism of emotional self-protection. Anyway, I thought it had taken long enough, so tonight was the night! I just watched the final episode and I managed not to cry (too much)... I'm sure I would have blobbed (sorry Carrie!) and sobbed for days if I'd watched it on the day it actually happened, but I was able to control myself tonight. It's a good thing Ross and Rachel end up together - and I loved the unless we're on a break joke at the end - that sentence will go down in history!

Thesis-man was very happy with my work so far. Only main comment was that I use the passive too often when I write - but if that's the only thing, I'm not worried. I now have a deadline for next Saturday evening when I need to deliver the whole shebang to him so he can have a final read before the actual uni deadline which is the 25th of May.

Working my ass off translating this massive job - haven't been to any lectures this week. I'm sure my Russian lectures will officially kill me next week. (in response to my comment that I've been neglecting my Russian course work for weeks now, Thesis-man asked if I didn't mean years) Cheeky monkey. He's in the known though re: my efforts getting into BA3. Man's got a point.

Haven't mentioned yet that my brother has been offered to do a PhD!!! I've very proud of him - Doctor Reps in applied Mathematics. Yeah man!

And also, but this is for people who come from T.Wells - The Chinese Elvis place burnt down last night! Stu walked back from the station to his car last night, and saw, apart from lots of Fire Men, Elvis outside his restaurant on his mobile screaming to somebody he needed a solicitor. (bet you can't read that in the Courier on Friday!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!! That's a LOT of news all in one blog!!