Monday, May 07, 2007

Belgian weather

After a record 5 weeks of no rain (the most I've ever known in my life!), we're back to normal. It's miserable and windy and raining. And I'm inside, with a cup of tea, sitting by the window, laughing at all the people who are getting wet and being blown of their bikes. Hours of fun.

The packing session with Mum on Saturday has left me with an injured arm. I moved so much and lifted such heavy boxes, I had to take a painkiller in the evening (one that wasn't my usual swallowable size - figures how much pain I was in!) and sleep with a hot water bottle around my arm to ease the muscles. The flat is in even more of a mess, if that was at all possible, then when we started. Having the wooden fruit boxes has been a real winner packing all my books! Not sure if 40 was enough...

More baby news! Anna (Jamie's middle sister) is pregnant - jeepie. Just spoke to her on the phone and, I quote here, she has developed a rather pompous bottom and flabby arms. She's still riding horses although she's 4 months now. I told her I'll be using a special lens to slim her down at her sister's wedding in July.

Got an email yesterday from my promoter which said 'it looks good', referring to my BA thesis. Relief beyond belief! He's just read the first draft and I was expecting him to come back with a list of things (as he hasn't been that nice to some others) but I think I'm safe. Wouldn't have the time anyway to make massive changes anymore... Am meeting him tomorrow to discuss some minor points.

No comments: