Sunday, April 15, 2007

Suuuuummmmmer time

What a wonderful day today. Belgium has apparently broken the temperature record for this day in history! The Easter egg search had to happen rather quickly this morning as the chocolate was literally melting by the second.

It was hard to focus writing my thesis today with all the sunshine but I managed to scribble another couple of 1000 words down so we're just about done. I only figured out this late afternoon that the books I want to look at to draw my final conclusion are not available here in Belgium. I looked on all the Belgian library catalogues online but can't find any of them. Therefore, I now have 2 options. I either go to England next weekend and sit myself down in the British Library for two days (did you know you can't take anything but a pencil in their reading rooms!) or I simply order the books I want on Amazon and get them delivered to my door. I only need to justify to myself that £80 for 4 books is ok and then we're there.

Just finished filling in my crazy work/study schedule for this week and have come to the conclusion that I have 3 concerts with the Philharmonic Orchestra this weekend and a wedding mass to sing. This does not include the weekly choir practice on Wednesday evening and the raccord on Thursday evening. On top of all this, my first hay fever burst has manifested itself this weekend so I'm as nasal as can be - no Soprano singing for me if I keep on going like this!

No comments: