Saturday, April 14, 2007

And we're back
After an incredible week of working and studying, it's now time to sit back and relax this weekend. I worked all week on a folder for the London Fire Brigade, becoming a wiz with QuarkExpress. I've worked so hard this week, I didn't really want to sit behind my laptop any longer than I really had to, especially now the weather is so beautiful. So, mi dispiace for not keeping up my blog this week.

Stu has bought himself a new bike in preparation for his London to Brighton bike race for charity. Obviously he couldn't leave the big horn in the shop so he's now biking around town, giving old ladies heart attacks when he's politely 'hooting' his bell. We've just arrived at Mum & Dad's on our bikes where we, being Stu, Bram, Tessa, Courtney, Danny and me, will have an Easter Brunch tomorrow morning after we've done an egg search in the garden. We didn't travel lightly - Bram and I both had our laptops with us, packed with blankets and lots of yummy food for our picknick stop in the middle of our journey.

Bram and I intend to work on our thesis this afternoon but might get distracted by the lovely weather! I've written about 4,300 words so far for my thesis and am about half way there. We're supposed to write a minimum of 6,000 words so I'm right on target. I have set myself the task to finish the rough version by tomorrow evening - not allowing myself to go to bed before it's finished! I could be in for a long night tomorrow...

Other stories worth mentioning:
  • I scored an incredible 17/20 on my Journalism exam - jeehaaa. I could still be in for a graduation with distinction (first go!?!)
  • Our leaving party, which was planned on the 30th of June, might have to be rescheduled a week earlier as my brother and sister in law have decided to go to Werchter (Music Festival) - so everybody reading this should be considered invited - but please let me know if the 23rd of June doesn't work for you, as we'll have to reconsider again in that case.
  • Andrew & Carrie will be in England in June - Jeepeee.
  • I've secretly enrolled us for Location Location Location, a property program on Channel4 - perhaps I might even make it on British television as well this year!
  • Uncle Pete won the 'Fred Scott Challenge 2007' - next year will be the 10th edition so there's rumours we might rent a 'castle' in the Cotswold for a week next year...
  • I guess now the entire Scott family knows it's ok to put this on my blog, I'm going to be an Auntie!!!!!

The Fred Scott Challenge Cup

The Scott Clan

No comments: