Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mr Potato Head on my platter

After my Judicial translation course (Russian!) - I don't even understand legal speak in Dutch, let alone Russian - I biked into town and sat down for a Faro (my favourite beer) at my favourite pub in Antwerp, right next to the cathedral. The sun was shining and I was accompanied by Evi, what more do you want? It had been a while since we sat down and had a good old natter...

We were joined for dinner by Stu, Courtney, Danny and Sarah and tried out the Potato place that Stu and I had put on our list of things to do and places to eat before we move back to the UK. Bram had bragged about this place non stop as it apparently has the biggest jacked potatoes in the world at a very reasonable price. He wasn't lying! I don't think I've ever eaten so much potato in my life - the one big potato must have equalled about 10 normal sized ones. Excellent value for money!

Afterwards, Evi and I went to see the apartment she and Robin have bought. She'll be moving just around the corner from us - too bad we will be moving out a month after they'll have moved in... Lovely place, really spacious and just perfect for them, a little love nest. It's giving me that feeling of anticipation, moving back to T.Wells. I'm going to miss Antwerp a lot, but I'm also looking forward starting that new phase in our lives. (already thinking of all the things I'm going to do and groups I'm going to join!) I've decided to make a concerted effort making a new circle of friends of my own, separate from Stu's friends. Therefore, if I still have any energy left after working full time, commuting up to London to go to Uni and doing all my course work; I'm going to join the gym again, play squash once a week, join the Waterstone's book reading club and sing in a local choir. (although secretly I want to audition to sing in the BBC Proms choir!) And maybe, but only very maybe, I might enrol in a Russian conversation class...

1 comment:

courtney ann said...

lotte lotte lotte i love love love you = and you better get out of the bath and come downstairs soon because i have a glass of venician bellini waiting for you. and have i told you how much i adore you? i wish i wasn't going back to avignon in 36 hours... its way too french really. antwerp is so nice and belgian. ahh...