Saturday, March 03, 2007

Medical Party

Went over to Mark and Didier's last night as we hadn't seen each other for quite some time. We ate kebab for dinner (as Stu pointed out, I can't see those two eating kebab!) with fork and knife. Mark has now come to the end of his medical studies and will be a proper doctor in June. As yesterday was 'Chrysostomos' - the last 100 days of your final academic year - my two lovely gay best friends were going to drag me to a Medical Party to celebrate this fact accordingly. Mark also is 1 of 3 people in the whole of Belgium who are chosen every 3 to 4 years to start an internship as Brain Surgeon!! I'm actually going to have a friend who's a brain surgeon, how spectacular is that?!

The party took place in an old army bunker used during the war. The bar had a rather well suited name 'A&E / ER' . The party was hilarious as they hadn't failed to invite half of the Antwerp gay s
ociety as well, so half of the party were doctors (disappointingly bad looking ones!), the other half gay. I kept on being introduced to everybody by Mark and Didier as "this is Lotte, we're going to be the godfathers of her first child, Annabel Channel" - which made people look at my non-existing pregnant belly but found me holding a beer instead. I must have looked like a right loony...

Btw, their new plan for Annabel Channel (sooooo not going to happen!) was for us to put little Annabel on a plane to Antwerp - having a godchild abroad is far more hip darling - with her Vuitton nappy bag and they'd fill it up with Gucci, Armani and Dior baby clothes. (see the already ordered baby shoes on the left costing €250!) My daughter is going to be such a little shit when she gets back from a holiday at Mark and Didier's. Can you imagine? "Why am I not getting champers in my bottle before I go to bed mummy? You know I can't go to sleep without it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuute!
If you have the guts to name you first-born "Annabel Channel" (disregarding the fact whether it's a boy or a girl) I'll buy her (or him) these shoes!