Sunday, February 11, 2007

Nesting

I'm starting to feel a lot more settled now we've decided to move back to England permanently. I'm actually really looking forward moving back to Tunbridge Wells. I'm arranging things around the house in my head and deciding what is going to go and what needs to be bought. I think on top of the list is a bed. We haven't had a bed for 5 years and I'm done with sleeping on the floor. Second in row is a new sofa. I'm so fed up with the old summer school left overs, I really want something that is comfy and mine. And thirdly, we really need a new TV. Since our big one blew up some months ago, we're still watching TV on, yet another summer school left over. And as I'm having increasing difficulties looking in the distance, which of course could easily be fixed by going to the opticians and getting new glasses, the tiny 3 inch TV screen isn't helping.

I've decided to turn our dining room into my study/office/library. It's going to be one big room of intellectual activities! I'm also finally going to put up our map of the world, although I feel Japan and Alaska might need to be removed from the world to make it fit the wall...

Moving back to England also means we've finally told the Loft developers. Ouch. I'm glad we seeked proper advice from the Notary about getting our deposit back. They weren't happy when we told them we weren't going to continue with the purchase and they were even less happy when they realized they have to give us our deposit back as it says in the contract we signed.

Stu keeps on saying we should visit Did & Baxie in South Africa when we have our deposit back - I better start charging my camera and get my summer clothes out again!

No comments: