Sunday, February 18, 2007

Surprise Surprise!!

Finally I can talk about it!! I had to bite my tongue for 3 weeks and it was so hard at times not to spoil the surprise. But I've managed to do it! My Australian friend Courtney emailed me 3 weeks ago saying she was moving to France, Avignon for the next 4 years. I was totally gobsmacked but obviously extremely excited. I hadn't seen her for 5 years!! So when she arrived in France and got a French mobile, I phoned her and arranged to meet up soon. She also knows most of the Belgian gang as I left her 5 years ago in the hands of my brother and co to show her around Belgium. We decided she would be flying over on Danny's birthday and I would arrange to all get together so they definitely wouldn't plan to go away or something... It was lovely to see Courtney again on Thursday when I picked her up from the station and it was so cool to see the look on everybody's faces when she walked into the room!!

We just got back from Mum & Dad's where we had a lasagna feast last night for Danny's, Mum's and Tessa's birthday. Mum & Dad had no idea either that she was coming so the evening was hilarious. A lot of Uno, Australian wine and loads of laughter... I can't honestly think the last time I've laughed so hard in such a short period of time. We all stayed over and went to the park this morning to play aerobie. We also had some wicked photo moments, one of them being Stu going head in first the trunk of a blown over tree. You have to see it to believe/understand it.

We're now back home and exhausted from all the partying and fresh air. Courtney is currently asleep on the sofa, Stu is trying to fix his laptop as it fully died on him yesterday and I just watched the final of the Diamond Tennis games which was Kim Clijster's last ever game in Belgium as she retires at the end of this year. She lost...

No comments: