Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Work do da
Just got back from East Grinstead. The initial reason for going up there was to see Olga as she kindly offered to help me with my Russian translation for my exam next week. I'd phoned Wordtrans to let them know about me coming up so we decided to go for a drink first with everybody at the office. Matilda had to cancel as her ex-flatmate came to collect her sofa - her words were 'I finally got her out of the house so I'm not going to risk her moving back in'. Fair enough.
A drink lead to a curry at the curry hut in East Grinstead. Did some excellent gossiping about New Year with Nicola. Can't go into much detail as I'm not sure who might be reading this but for further details contact me in private!! It's juicy!
Afterwards met Olga for a drink whilst we (technically she) did all the translating. I feel an A+ coming along... She mentioned at least 5 times she couldn't believe the difficulty of the text. (Some short story, all very literary, old Russian words and phrases - the kind you wish would have gone up in flames during the Book Burning Times. (I'm trying very hard to think of the word for that period in time but thought if I write it with caps it would look just as fancy)).
Just got a reminder from uni if I could kindly pay my tuition fees for this year... Probably should put a reminder in my phone for Wednesday - first exam - as they won't let me sit them otherwise.

No comments: