Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jeej the car has broken down

Poo there's a storm going past which has been keeping me from sleeping for over a week now. Countryside living is great, only the trees are a little annoying... You would expect that living between cows and sheep would be peaceful and fairly silent apart from the occassional moo. Trees are officially the loudest things in the world. I seriously was fearing for my life two nights ago. And poor Percy (we're calling him Percival now - it looks like he's walking around feeling so much more important) was nearly blown out of his tree!!
Percy is the peacock that arrived in the garden about a year ago, out of the blue, no idea where he came from. Well mannered peacock, leaves his Percy Truffles always on the ouside table and has never attempted to attack us. Therefore, he's now become the Scott's pet. He runs around the gardens in the area and the woods and shows up when he's feeling hungry. He even has his own labelled tin of 'peacock food' in the kitchen. I feel they might be taking it too far now! The kids next-door apparently call him Bob. Talking about a crisis of identity.
So yes the car has broken down. Gear box went. Crunch. Dead. In front of traffic lights in the centre of Eastbourne. And guess who was driving?! I swear I didn't do anything (wrong) and the garage guy has backed me up cuz the gear box had been dodgy for a while. This means I now need to go back to Belgium with the Eurostar which is not a bad thing considering the stormy weather in the Channel. Whilst people above me will be in a permanently green state with a bag attached to their head, I will be very comfortably snoozing in the tunnel beneath. Excellent.

No comments: