Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pink Soup

I've had another healthy brain wave and decided I'm going to detox and give my body the necessary vitamins. As I still hadn't tried out my Christmas present from mum and dad (the Princess blender) I went to the Turk and bought tonnes of fruit and vegs. I started off with a smoothy for breakfast and I must say, this blender is my new friend! I then started making a vegetable soup from all the veggies I'd bought. Picture me walking in the shop, looking at the vegatbles on display and grabbing one of each. I'm sure it was all going to be lovely and healthy, including this pitch black - yes black - vegetable I found. Got back home, started chopping and discovered this black thing was bloody red on the inside. So that's what beetroot looks like eh?! I normally don't really like beetroot but thought about the fact I loved 'borsh' in Russia (which is beetroot soup) so decided to wack it in there anyway. After an hour of cooking, I took the lid off and discovered I made 10 liters of pink soup. I feel I have adopted Bridget's cooking skills.
Whilst reading some more of the A-Z of British culture for my exam next week I discovered this peculiar entry under the letter T amongst TEFL, The Tempest, Thames and Tesco:
Teletubbies are a demonic group of hell's minions sent to hypnotize babies into killing everybody in the world. Particularly aimed at babies and preschool children...
I'm not sure if my lecturer just blindly copied this from a website and failed to read it for accuracy or whether he's had some unpleasant encounters with the fluorescent ADHD monkeys?!

No comments: