Monday, May 28, 2007

Relaxingly stressed

Stu and dad left on Saturday for England, whilst mum and I went to look at sofas and beds. Found a lovely 4 seater sofa - it's mahoosive - only Stu doesn't like it much from the picture I sent him. What a surprise. He went to DFS in England to find one that 'looked' like it, sat on it, and decided he doesn't like the sofa I found. Pure logic right?!

After a week of persuassion, I finally got mum to go to the sauna on Sunday. (her first time ever!) Evi, Mieke, Sarah, Karin, Luce, mum and I had a lovely and relaxing day at the Spa. Tried all the different saunas, ranging from a colour sauna, Infrared sauna (where you burn off 600 calories by lying still for 10 minutes!), Maa sauna which is 120 degrees (feels like you've lost 5 kilos from sweating), we also did a pour-on session with lovely smellies. I always go back home feeling energised and invigorated... My little treat for my birthday! I can now fully start my week of hard core studying in a most relaxed and soft-skinned manner.

Started off my 'blok' week today (week off to revise for exams next week) with the American Political Institutions. Want to finish off the Legal System as well tonight and then have a bath reading the end of Lolita. As you might remember, I started reading that thing about 4 months ago - and I still haven't finished it!! It's such hard work concentrating because of the style and vocabulary, it's the last thing you want to do before falling asleep.

No comments: