Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday morning

Sent my dissertation off Saturday evening with the message: "Please note I will be fast asleep for the next 24 hours but will check for emails containing a modest amount of comments when I’m back in the land of the living". And so he did. Received a reviewed version this morning and he only came up with a couple of comments - pfffew. Wouldn't have had time to rewrite paragraphs anyway.

Worked all day on the final batch for ABN AMRO. Lets hope they won't send another batch any time soon cuz I really need to start studying now. (but turning down money is soooo difficult!) Did some small calculations last week and figured out that, for the first time, I have earned (quite a significant amount) more then Stu! Women emancipation rules!

Have so much to do this week, I'm having difficulties seeing the end... Stu is leaving with dad on Saturday morning, leaving me to do the rest of the packing and cleaning - but also leaving me in charge of buying a bed (I was going to say new bed, but we've never had one) and a sofa. Hurrah.

Very excited about my train trip through the States! The tickets haven't been booked but I'm 95% sure I get to go to San Francisco for work in November. And as it's Andrew's 30th at the end of that month, I thought I'd pop in to celebrate. I'll hopefull be travelling by train from San Fran, CA to St. Pete, FL which will take 105 hours, or an average of 4 days on the train. (but I'm going to hop on and off and stay in Hostels) (or at Carrie's friends!) Still need to mention to David and Imperial College I'll be working from the States for a month, lying next to the pool... It's that prospect that is keeping me going at the moment!!

No comments: