Saturday, April 21, 2007

First blob of this year (3 to go)

Today was an exciting but hectic day. Had to wake up early to sing at the wedding of Katelijn and Bert. Katelijn sings in our choir and asked us to light up the mass with our 'angel voices' (she would have been lynched asking another choir I think!) . Obviously she was a very pretty bride, with the biggest smile on her face. She even managed to sing the opening solo of I will follow you for her husband(-to-be at that point), just her and the piano, without her voice cracking up or starting to cry.

Now, what is worse than some people in the church having to get their hankies out? An entire female choir blobbing their eyes out... We're such a bunch of softies!

Then after a short pit stop home, headed for Brussels. I managed to get Mum, Dad and Stu €1 tickets for the concert so they came over on the train later in the afternoon. There's one thing I haven't mentioned yet, and that's my outfit. As these are fancy shmancy concerts, we were instructed to wear long, black and very dressed up clothing. I could potentially have done long and black but in combination with something fancy, I was left with an empty wardrobe... In a panic, I asked everybody if they had anything vaguely my size as I didn't have time to go shopping anymore. In the end, Evi told me she had a long black 'gala dress' (when I say gala, I mean gala) which would suit me. Tried it on and it fitted like a glove.
I don't think I've ever heard my cleavage being such a point of discussion before... I have to admit, it was a pretty daring dress, and I was very aware of my boobs (and so was the conductor I think!) but I look pretty damn good in it! They took a picture of me earlier because I was wearing my sneakers and red socks under the dress - I'm also wearing shoes with a 10 cm heal which are killing my knees - so excuse me for wearing comfortable shoes as long as I can. I'll try to get hold of the picture and post it - I'm quite proud of the overall look!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in America, blob also means on your period. As you can imagine, I was a little thrown off by your title!