Friday, April 20, 2007

Extremely tired and awake

Just got back from the first concert of this weekend with the Philharmonic Orchestra. After a last rehearsal with a 100 person orchestra last night - it is still pretty amazing, time after time, it still gives me a kick - we performed in the cathedral of Mechelen tonight. I can not express how much I was impressed with the performance... Singing under the coordination of conductor Philippe Herreweghe (I'm sure hardly any of you will know him, but he is actually a prominent figure in the world of Classic Music) is an experience in itself. This man is simply a genius. Imagine the rehearsal, a full blown orchestra playing, FFForte, and then he tells them to stop in the middle of a Fuga to tell the Harp that her C sharp is tuned a fraction too low...

He told us we sounded like little Angels (and we actually did if I may say so) and commented on how beautiful our voices sounded. Pretty cool getting compliments from somebody like Mr. Herreweghe!

Ready to go to bed now. Need to be up again in the morning to sing a wedding mass and then off to Brussels to sing in the Palace of Fine Arts in the evening. I'm so knackered at the moment and there really aren't enough hours in a day for me currently but I've enjoyed the concert and the whole experience so much, that it makes up for it big style!

No comments: