Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm back


I know it's been a while but I've probably had the most stressful week of my life. I had to do my Russian presentation this week about the Trans Siberian Express. Twenty minute text, all written myself, delivered in front of class, all by heart, in Russian. You would not believe how stressed I was. Only managed to sleep 5 hours the night before, was physically sick all morning, went to the loo about 35 times in 4 hours and was a nervous wreck. I managed to put together a rather nice Power Point Presentation with some beautiful pictures of the train's journey etc. It wasn't going to be my command of the Russian language I was going to impress my lecturer with was it?! Obviously I was so nervous, I forgot half when I started but the more I talked, the more I relaxed so the better it went. I guess all in all, it wasn't all that bad. But it definitely wasn't worth the extra grey hair and developing stomach ulcer.

Reading up on the Trans Siberian again, it's really itching again... I've decided that if I pass first go - but lets face it, chances are slim - I'm going in July. Fly into St. Petersburg, 3 nights in St. Pete, overnight train to Moscow, 2 more days in Moscow, 7 days on the Trans Mongolian Train, through Mongolia, arriving in Beijing, week in Beijing (if budget allows it, travel a bit more through China) and fly back to London. Stu can't come with me as he's busy with work so there's a vacancy for a travel companion!

Looking forward leaving on Thursday for the South of France. I hope the weather will be sunnier than up here and that we get the chance to visit some cities. Danny is flying to Courtney in Nice next week and they are coming to the concert on Monday! I really need some holiday, but I fear these 10 days away are going to be far from a holiday feeling. (still need to learn all the lyrics of the songs!)


Stu will be going back to England next week when I'm away as we've discovered that the (new) gear box is doing something dodgy if you go back into third gear doing more than 30 mph. Mastered driving around without using third gear...

1 comment:

courtney ann said...

woo hoo!!! see you in nice you beautiful thing! i am very excited. my goodness, i just went out for st patricks day - and because i was with an irish boy, he wouldn't let me go home until just now - nearly 3am. oh dear me, and i have to be up at 5am to catch the train to marseille for a frisbee tournament, which gives me eh.. 2 hours sleep. ggaaahh!