Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Car trouble (again)

In all my excitement about Courtney being here, I totally forgot to mention what happened to the car... (my fault - AGAIN). I drove back from choir practise and parked the car in the street. All week long, parking signs - *with plastic bags over them* - were put on the side of the street indicating you could(n't) park. As there were plastic bags over them, everybody parked there and so did I. I even told Stu I'd move the car in the morning as I'd feel more comfortable knowing Beast was parked nowhere near the signs. You can probably guess what happened in the morning when I went out to park Beast somewhere else...

Phoned up the police to ask what had happened with my car. The woman on the other side of the phone thought it was rather cool having towed away an English car - 'we don't tow them away often' - oh good. Had to get on my bike to the police station at the other end of town to pick up my fine, which you'll be pleased to know, I refused to except. I protested and appealed as my car was unnecessarily towed away so we'll see what happens there... After I picked up the police documents, I then had to collect Beast at the other end of town which cost us €125. We were going to buy a bed this month... NOT.

No comments: