Wednesday, February 21, 2007

18 all over again

So Evi asked me if I received the email from the manager of the Proms choir we used to sing in as they are short of people to go on Tour with the Night of the Proms the week before Easter... As we've been feeling all grown up lately and maturing (uhm uhm), we all of a sudden had this urge to relive our youth and go crazy again during 10 days of Proms Fun. The Night of the Proms has been a major part of my youth, the part where partying, drinking and not sleeping was 'cool', also the part where my liver got damaged and where champagne and salmon breakfast was normal, the part where we stuck our nose up if they didn't put us in the local Hilton for the night... and then I haven't even mentioned the countless nights of uninterrupted flirting in hotel bars. Ahhh, good old times.

BUT THEY ARE BACK! Only Evi realised her dad is actually getting married in the period we'd be away, so Saskia, another Promsie from those days, is going with me instead. Ten days touring through the South of France and Spain. I might actually see Courtney in Marseilles or Nice as we'll be performing there one evening as well. I'm quite excited going to Valencia and Madrid as I've never been there so I hope we won't be sitting on the coach for too long driving from one place to another. Aaah yes, the coach. That was usually the time we caught some sleep from the previous night as we'd shut the hotel bar at 6AM. It's amazing how creative one gets sleeping on a seat that is hardly big enough for your bum. This time, Saskia and I are going to be sensible though - we're going to take study material and spend our time on the coach 'underlining'... We'll see how that goes.

No comments: