Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wimp

Stu is acting like a total baby today. He played squash yesterday with Bram and has slightly overdone it... He's aching all over, he thinks he has broken all his ribs and strained all his muscles. He claims he can't move, walk, sit, eat, drink, cough or sneeze. If he only could not speak, my life would be so much more silent without his constant wining. He sounds like a whale to be honest. A whale whose toe nail's been cut off too short. That's what I've had to put up with since yesterday. No concentration for me today - only winge winge winge. But I love him really.

Finished off a big translation job today for ABN AMRO bank and got invited to lunch when I'm in Amsterdam next. I like it when my clients are happy. Also going to send back a test piece the biggest subtitling company in England sent me as they are still looking for Dutch subtitlers. I'm really getting into the whole film thing. I've subtitled two animation films for the Brussels film festival which takes place next month (photo ID backstage pass is on its way!) and thoroughly enjoyed doing so. Although one of the two films was rather odd - but I guess that's what they call Art these days. In fact it was rude, weird and fairly sickening… Not sure what to think of a guy having a shower in the wee of his father, giving God a blow job and eating a bird’s poo! Wasn't quite sure if I wanted my name (fully abusing the Scott name now!) underneath the film either at the end but it's all publicity after all.

No comments: