Thursday, January 25, 2007

It snows!!
And it's not going to stop any time soon... Stu warned me yesterday before I got on the Eurostar that the weather was severe and that it would be tricky to get a train down South. No snow in Belgium to be seen, we soon enough went through France where everything was foggy and v.v. white! Coming out of the tunnel, I'd expected East Sussex to be covered with snow but instead I didn't see anything but green fields... No snow to be seen in London either; at that point I thought Stu had been over-exaggerating.

Got on a Tube to Imperial College (future Uni - fingers crossed) to sit my last exam. Christophe gave me the guided tour of the grounds and we sat down with a cup of tea to do the official bit. He said he'd discuss my paper with me as if I'd written it for Imperial, in which case he would have given me a C+ or a B-, which to be honest is not bad considering I wasn't even trying to write anything vaguely scientific, didn't use any footnotes and had no real structure... (my actual mark will be based on the level at Uni in Antwerp - so I'm guessing an A-) Jeej. We spent 5 minutes talking about the exam paper and than had a further 3 hours (!) talking about many other things. He also introduced me to some people who deal with my application so as long as there is at least one more person applying for Dutch>English/English>Dutch, it's looking hopeful...

I got on a train to Tunbridge Wells around 6pm which was jam packed. The covers of the evening papers had beautiful snowy pictures of London on; I guess it must have melted away before I got there cuz I still hadn't seen any snow up to this point. Arriving in Tunbridge Wells, it was clear that it had indeed been snowing... This is me this morning. I'd taken my "you're only allowed to wear this when it's really snowing"-hat with me just in case. It's only allowed out once or twice a year so I had to really jump at the opportunity! Still hasn't stopped snowing and they are predicting a huge amount more. I hope we'll get home on Saturday...




No comments: