Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Nearly there

We’re starting the see the end of the bathroom… After another evening of hard work, I managed to get the bedroom looking exactly how I wanted it to be. Although we still don’t have a bed, we’ve fitted the extra Ikea wardrobe, and with the three of them standing next to each other, it looks really good. Stu is going to paint the chocolate wall at lunch time so we can put a second coat on this evening. This weekend consisted of unpacking boxes, putting things together, stacking Stu’s old Uni boxes in the loft and unpacking even more boxes. The kitchen is pretty much there, just some surface cleaning to do and getting rid of the final bits and bobs. The living room is fairly empty as we didn’t take the sofas back, although in Stu’s head, his flashy flat screen is turning the room into a cinema so I might need to put him straight on that one. Started building my wooden crate-library and it looks fantastic!! Can’t wait to properly have my office set up in there. (Stu has currently installed himself there so I need to make sure he doesn’t get too comfortable!) Hopefully we’ll get everything sorted by the weekend when we’re expecting 25 people to stay over.

Weather is absolutely atrocious; I don’t think it has stopped raining for more than 15 minutes since I got here last week. The road back home was fully flooded on Friday and it felt like I was on an off-road session at times… On days like that, it’s good to be driving a Beast. Started counting yesterday, and on average, I pass 5 other Land Rovers to work. 4 out of 5 do the I-drive-a-Landy-as-well-so-I-will-lift-one-finger-to-show-you-I’m-cool-too greeting; only one old granddad, who shouldn’t be driving cool cars like that anyway, didn’t.

Work is the same old. I just pick up where I’ve left off. Doing some preparation for DVX as well as I’ll need to give more and more training now BJ is gone. David mentioned a trip to Washington yesterday… Ooh what a bummer.

No comments: