Monday, February 26, 2007

Land of Hope and Glory


Had my first Night of the Proms rehearsal yesterday. Out of the 60 choir singers, I guess I knew 3 from the old days... Things have changed. The average age has also drastically gone up. Whereas in our days, we all used to be students and 27 was considered old, the 30 year old age group is pretty much the norm now. We tried on our uniforms (a hidious light blue coloured shirt which so doesn't fit the colour of my eyes!) and wrote down who we want to share a hotel room with. I'm still planning on studying hard on Tour... and looking at the amount of time we'll be sitting on the coach, I think I might get through more pages than I'd hoped.

These are the places we're performing and doing them vaguely in a straight line to Valencia and Madrid wouldn't be too bad, however...

Health wise I'm having a little struggle at the moment. Have been working so much and sleeping so little recently, my throat and glands are feeling sorry for themselves. I've finished the big French>English translation which only needs fine-tuning now. I have an increasing amount of homework, tasks and papers to write and on top of that I still haven't returned the translations I'm supposed to do for Imperial College. And ah yes, I have a Russian exam on Thursday. Really feel like curling up under a duvet with a good book and burning all Russian books by way of protest.

No comments: